Wednesday 8 May 2013

Shoe Collection (Part 3)

Trainers/Boots





 These boots, just, oh my god. I bought them on eBay for about £25 including postage and packing (they were shipped over from China). The minute I saw these I fell in love. I bought these before I bought a 'proper' pair of creepers- but I had to get rid of them over New Year because I had literally worn them to pieces. They are an extremely bold piece that toughens up any outfit, they can be worn with jeans, leggings, dresses, skirts, anything. They have a pointed tip, a platform which curls up slightly at the front of the shoe making them easier to walk in, a 3 inch platform, double eyelets making them a lot more secure around the ankle, and a really quirky addition of a lace up back. I'm not going to lie, they did take some getting used to in terms of walking, but my god they are fantastic and I won't be getting rid of my babies any time soon. I think I'll be pairing them with some maxi dresses/skirts this summer, to add the rocker girl feel, and to give me that added height that I desperately need when it comes to maxi-clothing.


  Anyone that knows me knows that there is nothing more I hate when it comes to shoes with white on them that are completely pristine.  These Babycham's have had their fair amount of wear and tear, but I really do think it gives some character to a outfit rather than just having bright white on your feet. It may not be to everyone's taste, some people like clean shoes, others don't. I've had this pair of shoes now for about 4 years, not that you can't tell aha. They can be slipped on and off really easily because of the triple velcro, and have a really cute sewn in logo on the outer side of each shoe.



 I bought these sexy mo'f**kers for about £20 second hand at a car boot sale one year when I was on holiday in Cornwall. I wear them to death, and considering I've had them again for about 4 or 5 years, they are still in such good condition. They are 10 eyelet Vans multisex boots in black and white, and are so, so versatile. They can dress down an outfit really well, or add a tomboyish feel when it's a bit warmer out and I feel like wearing a dress or a skirt, but don't want to look too girly. Honestly, there really isn't that much else I can say about them, they are just a fantastic pair of shoes, another pair that won't be leaving me when I move out for Uni.

I saw these on sale in Office a few years back and couldn't resist. Since I bought them though they have been defiled by my friend with a green marker men, and no amount of scrubbing has been able to get the huge mark off, I don't think you can see it in this picture though thankfully, they've been made to look a shambles. Unfortunately these aren't the most comfortable of shoes, and I find myself having to wear them for a couple of days in a row for them to start getting comfy, but by then I've managed to acquire several blisters which just make them impossible anyway.


 Another pair of trainers that I bought from the car boot sale in Cornwall, Jackass low riding Converse, for about £15 second hand again. I love these shoes, despite not getting as much wear out of them as my Vans boots. The Jackass logo on the side gives them a little edge, whilst still being versatile with the black and white monotone colouring. I'll definitely be getting these out a lot more this summer, as I think they will look so cute with some frilly socks and a skirt/dress/play suit. Oh, and I also bought some skull laces to put in them, to match with the logo on the side, another little element that can really make your footwear stand out!

 My last pair of second hand shoes now, I bought these from COW Vintage a couple of years ago for an absolute bargain of £9! I was chuffed when I managed to find these for such a steal price. Unfortunately though in my haste I didn't think to try them on, just saw that they were a size 4 -I'm a size 3- thought ahh they're only one size up just double-sock when I wear them and it'll be grand. Got home, tried them on, and they were huuuuuge, turns out they are a men's size 4 so like a women's size 5. BUT that being said, aren't they gorgeous for a pair of boys shoes? A nice plaid/checkered shirt print to them in mostly red, lovely light material and as they were bought second hand they already had a real nice distressed look to them. I think I may sell these to be honest due to their size, but we'll see.


My third pair of converse now, as I said, I HATE clean shoes, and I bought these distressed Converse to save me the wear and tear hassle. The original distressed look included some of the scuffs on the front of the shoe, and the teared threading on the rear. Obviously as you can most likely see from the pictures, me and my friends decided that it would be a good idea to write all over them, but I kinda like it like it now, apart from the 'smelly' 'bum' on the front, that could've been done without but hey ho. Like all Converse, they are super versatile and again add that tomboy feel to a more summery, girly outfit.

These Airwalk's are my babies! (I have a lot of shoe babies...) For the life of me I cannot remember where I got them from or for how much. Again, from my 'skater girl' phase, but still a super comfy pair of trainers, easy to slip on and off. There isn't actually a lot else I can say about these bad boys, they are just a really nice pair of shoes.

My last pair of shoes now, I bought these black Rip Curl's from their branch in Truro, Cornwall, can't remember how much for though. I added the purple laces myself back in my 'skater-wannabe' days aha. They are really ruffed up, just the way I like my shoes. For almost a year I paired these with outfits I wanted to style a pair of creepers with, and managed to pull them off due to their thick, chunky style. Probably the most comfortable pair of trainers I own, I wouldn't call them a staple piece exactly but I am definitely glad I have them in my wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment