Tuesday 7 May 2013

Shoe Collection (Part 2)

Ankle Boots



I bought these boots from River Island a few years ago for a holiday in place of wearing flip flops- a bizarre replacement shoe I know, but I refuse to wear flip flops or any shoe that shows your toes. I chose these because of the small holes at the top of the boots, thinking that despite the fact they were made of suede, the holes would allow my feet to breath in the hot weather, needless to say I was wrong and only got two wears out of them on my week away. For what they are they were very overpriced, but that being said, I've still got them, so it goes to show that sometimes it is worth spending more money if you want things to last. I may get rid of them though, or they may just end up sitting in my wardrobe when I leave for Uni as I have no intention of taking them with me.


 Again, my obsession with shoes comes to light, having the same pair of boots in two different colours, one cream pair and one black pair. But I must say they are truly fabulous, as you can tell I have got so much wear out of the black pair. The lace all along the back and sides of the shoes makes them really light, and the neutral colouring of both pairs makes them so versatile. A definite staple piece for the Autumn time in my books, and I'll definitely be getting a new black pair when summer rolls around this year. I think I got them from Asda, and can't have been more than £15 each.

These beige coloured ankle boots were another pair I bought for a holiday, due to the flip-flop/toe phobia, and unlike the suede boots these were fantastic! The curled over top adds something to the boot, along with the little belt buckle at the top of the lace set. I can't actually remember where I got these from or how much for unfortunately. Another fab pair of shoes that will definitely be seeing the sunlight again this summer!

My last pair of ankle boots now, these were bought for me as a Christmas present from my Mum so again I'm not too sure on the price but I think she said she got them from Select, so they probably wouldn't break the bank. A lot similar to my beige pair, these also have a curled over top that is slightly longer, and the buckle is on the back, though you can't see it on the picture sorry. These are so good for formal events where I don't want to wear 'proper' heels, as they have a very slight heel on the back so still give that clunky sound when you're walking, which I love.

Thanks for reading, hope everyone is enjoying it so far! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment